Eating a keto diet could help prevent the flu
New research shows that eating a keto diet can help prevent and support colds and flu. So how can a keto diet help you treat your illness?
Keto is a diet low in carbohydrates (low – carb) but high in fat and beneficial for the body. The keto diet will help you burn fat for energy and convert fat into ketones in the liver that help fuel the brain. When you eat the keto diet, you will significantly limit the amount of carbohydrates (such as bread, rice, pasta and sweets), and increase your consumption of meat, milk, fat, and non-starchy vegetables.
Why does keto help you treat the flu? Let’s learn about the effects of keto mode and the notes when implementing this mode to properly menu to help prevent the flu.
Benefits of preventing flu when eating a keto diet
The keto diet also helps you prevent the formation of intracellular protein complexes called inflammasome, which is a damaging and immunodeficient activator.
The results showed that the keto diet promoted the release of gamma delta T cells, the cells of the immune system that produce mucus in the cell lining of the lungs. In contrast, a diet high in carbohydrates does not produce these cells.
On the other hand, some nutritionists and health experts believe that a low-carb diet can damage the immune system. The lack of carbs leads to lack of energy and impair a person’s health. There is also evidence that a keto diet can be detrimental to the gut microflora and compromise overall health.
Note when you eat the keto diet
The keto diet often causes a number of side effects that make you feel hungry, have difficulty sleeping, nausea, digestive discomfort, and decreased exercise performance. So, you should take note of the following to minimize these symptoms:
• Add healthy fats: Unhealthy fats can cause you some health problems while healthy fats are quite nutritious.
You can choose fats from healthy sources as coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, nuts …
• Don’t cut carbohydrates completely: By adding only healthy fats, your body will lack nutrients and make you tired. Therefore, you should add a small amount of carbohydrates and protein to your daily diet.
A standard keto diet would be 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs. You can also eat a bit more protein at 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs.
• Eat fiber-rich foods: Eat fiber-rich foods to help balance the gut and improve digestion.
Some high-fiber foods are low-sugar fruits, nuts, green vegetables, and cruciferous vegetables.
• Limit inflammatory foods: When you eat a keto diet, you can eat inflammatory foods like grain-based beef, vegetable oils, and cheese.
Increase your intake of anti-inflammatory foods like coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, grass-fed beef, naturally caught seafood, meats, garden eggs, nuts and seeds.
• Interweave a carbohydrate diet: To maintain a keto diet without getting bored, eat a 5-day keto diet and then move on to a 2-day high-carb diet.
• Practice gradually cutting carbs: Suddenly reducing carbs can cause your body to become unfamiliar and easily faint. So you should gradually reduce your daily carb intake until your body gets used to this diet before continuing to eat
At first, you can eat 100 – 150g carbs and gradually reduce to 50g, 20g and 5g so that the body can gradually adapt to low-carb.
• Add salt or minerals to food: A keto diet can make you thirsty so drink enough water and add salt and minerals to your diet every day.
For minerals, use 3,000-4,000mg sodium, 1,000mg potassium, and 3,000mg magnesium.
When planning a low-carb diet, you need to look out for certain healthy fat-rich foods and limit carb-rich foods to build a healthy menu.
>>>Learn more: 28 Day Keto Challenge Meal Plan, update 03/2021
Food rich in healthy fatsen
When following a keto diet, you should also know how to build your menu with the following healthy fats:
• Meat: You can find red meat, steaks, ham, sausages, bacon, chicken.
• Fatty fish: Types such as salmon, tuna and mackerel.
• Types of eggs as: Eggs that contain omega-3 fatty acids or eggs from garden animals.
• Butter and cream: should use butter and cream prepared from herbivores.
• Cheese: use unprocessed cheese.
• Nuts: almonds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds …
• Healthy oils: mainly virgin olive oil, coconut oil and avocado oil.
• Avocado: choose avocados that are fresh, ripe and not crushed.
• Low-carb vegetables and fruits: most green vegetables, tomatoes, onions, peppers …
• Spices: can use salt, pepper and healthy herbs and spices.
High-carb foods that you should avoid are grains, starches, legumes, candies, potatoes, juices and most fruits.
Here’s an example of the one-day keto diet for you:
Breakfast: Bacon, eggs and tomatoes.
Lunch: Can be served as Chicken Salad with olive oil and cheese.
Dinner: Salmon cooked with asparagus and butter.
While a keto diet can help prevent and treat the flu, it’s not a preferred cure. You should still treat according to the instructions of your doctor and at the same time consult your doctor if you intend to add keto diet to your daily meals. You should not treat the disease on your own.
http://zaloweb.com/eating-a-keto-diet-could-help-prevent-the-flu/https://i0.wp.com/zaloweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/eating-a-keto-diet-could-help-prevent-the-flu.jpg?fit=860%2C456https://i0.wp.com/zaloweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/eating-a-keto-diet-could-help-prevent-the-flu.jpg?fit=128%2C68Health KnowledgeKeto Diet28 day keto challenge results,28 day keto diet,28-day keto resources,best keto meal plan,custom keto diet recipes,easy keto meal plan,is keto custom plan legitimate,keto calculator,keto custom plan customer service number,keto custom plan refund,keto diet foods,keto diet for beginners,keto diet menu for beginners,keto diet plan,keto diet plan for beginners,keto meal plan,keto meal plan delivery,keto resource 28 day challenge,keto resource login,simple keto meal planNew research shows that eating a keto diet can help prevent and support colds and flu. So how can a keto diet help you treat your illness? Keto is a diet low in carbohydrates (low - carb) but high in fat and beneficial for the body. The keto diet will...Zalo WebWeb Zalothienma024@gmail.comAdministratorZaloweb.com is a site that introduces and guides users to quality products. Diet and Weight Management Overview. Healthy eating is one of the best things you can do to prevent and control healthZaloweb.com